Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bent is Worth Your Ears!


Simon Mills and Nail Tolliday form the group Bent. They hail from the UK and after 10 years in the business it seems they're not slowing down. Bent caught my eye when I was searching for Electronica on Myspace. I listened to a couple of their mixes and I was instantly hooked! Their sound is a mix of Moby, Depeche Mode, and Fatboy Slim. I'm not even across the pond, but they have to be Electronica kings, because what I've heard is superior. Bent's influences are Rolf Harris, Geoff Love, John Lennon, the Beach Boys to more clearly dance music-orientated ones such as Kid Loco and Aphex Twin. I would suggest that you go to their page and check out some mad mixes.

3 comments:

T. said...

Since you seem to like electro, have you tried Glass Candy or the rest of their labelmates on Italians Do It Better record label? They're my current electro faves: Their myspace page.

Ms. Scorpia said...

Thanks T, I'll have to check them out!

Katy said...

You've said on your blog that you listen to all music recommended through this site but I couldn't find a way to send you a message, other than posting a comment. Hope this works. You should have a listen to Graystar at www.myspace.com/graystaruk or www.graystarmusic.com