Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rise-Up for Eternia!



I discovered Eternia while searching for Indie Hip-Hop artists, you know give the site some variety! Well what I stumbled on is a diamond in the rough. Eternia is not only beautiful, but very talented. Eternia's debut album, " It's Called Life" was released nationwide on October 4, 2005. In early 2006, the album was nominated for Best Rap Recording at the Juno awards. Her voice is so powerful and she makes you feel every word. The single " Do This Like Me" is my I don't give a f*** anthem! It's on her new banger, " Where I'm At-The Setup", so make sure you cop that! Why won't the airwaves wake up, leave the barbie wannabees on the street. She's up there with Eminem and Pac, yea that's real deep. I think with the right exposure, she can put Lil Kim and the others to shame. Please check out this lady of authentic Indie Hip-Hop. She also has a blog that is a very good read! Make sure you go to her myspace page for more tour dates and new track listings.

Other Reviews:

It's perhaps telling that almost every write-up I see on Eternia invariably plays up the fact that the Toronto rapper is white and female. That's disingenuous at best. I guess its too tempting for some to automatically assume that she's a novelty act or can't possibly be any good. But her latest album, It's Called Life, manages to call bullsh-t on both theories. "- Blog T.O., 2005

"Its Called Life is a definite contender for album of the year."-Groove On (Australia) 2006

"I'll get to the point: BUY THIS ALBUM. Trust me... This is one of the best albums I've ever reviewed, period."- RapReviews.Com, 2006




5 comments:

T. said...

Man, she is pretty good. I was worried with the Pac comparison, because I always thought he was wack and overrated, but I went to her myspace page and she is surprisingly good (so's her blog)

Ms. Scorpia said...

Thank you T. I know it was a big step for me to go there, but she should really get more credit. I really appreciate you coming by!

Judea said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
You were totally right on about ICP, I didn't even think of that but it's true!
Anyway, I subscribed to your blog. I'm always looking for more indie music! :)

Chungyen Chang said...

She's definitely good. Comparable to 50 Cent, Kanye, and Lupe. Great flow in that video too.

You made a comment on my blog a couple of days ago about sharing a common interest in Death Cab, and you left a link to this blog. Sorry it took so long to come over :)

Ms. Scorpia said...

That's ok C-squared, I'm just glad you came through! Thanks so much for the comment.